A recent report was released from iStrategy which showed how the Fortune 100 are utilizing social media to engage customers and market online. With the other stats we have seen recently that show Facebook recently topping Google in traffic and the number of social media users continuing to explode, it makes sense that the world’s largest companies are getting in on the action too.
A few key stats from the study:
- 65% of Fortune 100 have a Twitter account, but only 33% have a corporate blog
- 79% are using one of the main social media platforms
- 59% are using Facebook weekly, averaging 3.6 wall posts per week
- Fortune 100 companies are averaging 27 tweets per week
- 82% are engaging with their customers using Twitter