Flickr has how many images? Twitter has how many tweets? This is just the tip of the iceberg.
Sometimes you see some statistics related to social media that are just simply mind-boggling and it really gives you a better understanding of how HUGE social media really is. It has completely changed the way the world communicates and marketers market. Let’s take a look at a few astonishing social media statistics:
- 75% of daily social media users said that email is the best way for companies to communicate with them – SocialSmallBiz
- Flickr now hosts more than 4 billion images. That’s a lot of user generated photos – Mashable
- Facebook has over 400 million members, only India and China have larger populations – ClickyMedia
- On average, there are about 1.3 million tweets per hour – eConsultancy
- 40% of US College Students are “friends” with a brand. So make sure they have the opportunity – SocialMedia@work
Got anymore social media stats to share? Leave them in the comments.